Palo Alto Network Security Engineer
About the Job
Immedia’s vision is to improve the lives of our clients through the innovative use of technology. We design, build and support conferencing, learning, entertainment, and marketing technologies that enrich our clients' lives and help them communicate in an ever-changing environment.
As a company, we appreciate a hard-working spirit and people who are curious, collaborative, and take ownership. Let’s face it, we spend a significant amount of our time with our colleagues so your work life can have a profound effect on your general happiness. At Immedia, we enjoy spending our week with people we trust, respect, and that share our passion.
Immedia has been helping businesses communicate better for over 17 years, and to further innovate that technology we’re building security into that offering, including a state-of-the-art Security Operations Center (SOC) to provide real-time 24/7 monitoring.
We proudly operate in Scottsdale, Arizona because of the natural beauty, culture, and people and we are seeking dynamic and dedicated members to join our Immedia team.
This Is What You'll Do
- Serve as the subject matter expert responsible for applying security methodologies to network program operations.
- Responsible for migrations, configuration, implementation, and day-to-day management of perimeter infrastructures, including Firewalls, VPN, and other technologies supported by the Security Operations Center (SOC).
- Includes implementing best practices and continuous improvement of network infrastructure.
- Convert, Maintain, and Harden client security and networking devices including upgrade when necessary.
- Provide support for other Security Operations Center teams, which includes SOC staff, queue, and all tickets in the queue in accordance with ticket SLAs, in identifying, developing, implementing, and maintaining security processes, practices, and policies to reduce risks, respond to incidents, and limit exposure and liability in areas of information, financial, physical, personal, and reputational risk.
- Research and deploys state-of-the-art technology solutions and innovative security management techniques to manage and refine our MSSP product offering
- Establishes appropriate standards and associated risk controls related to MSSP and business objectives.
- Act as pre-sales SME, point of escalation for customers on security-related issues, and as primary incident response lead during suspected or confirmed security incidents
- Mentor, coach & train staff with hands-on technical support in conjunction with the Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Stay up to date on information technology & security news, trends, and standards and report accordingly.
- Provide strong leadership and own the effort to keep customers free from security incidents but respond appropriately when one occurs.
- Directs identifying, developing, implementing, and maintaining security processes, practices, and policies throughout the organization to reduce risks, respond to incidents, and limit exposure and liability including reputational risk.
- Maintain the security infrastructure & tools supporting Managed Security Services including process and documentation.
- Leads in responding to and remediating suspected cyber security incidents
- Participate in training and continuing education to enhance information security knowledge and skill set.
- This position is part of a team that operates on a 24x7x365 schedule, and the employee must be willing to work on the schedule needed by the business
- Other duties as identified or assigned
This Is What You'll Need
- 5-7 years of experience in corporate security or a related field
- 3-5 years of direct experience installing and supporting Palo Alto Security Appliances
- Advanced experience with Network protocols like; BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, SPT, TRUNK, VLANS, Port-Channel, Static routing
- Network topologies MPLS, VFR, SIP, Traffic Shaping/Qos
- Palo Alto Command Line
- Experience working in multi-customer or larger Hybrid technology deployments
- High level Palo Alto expertise in architecture, design, configuration, migration, tuning, and customization of features like; Panorama, security policy, Wildfire, URL Filtering, Threat Prevention, VPN, Global Protect and SSL Decryption
- Must have excellent written & oral communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Regulatory knowledge (e.g., NIST, CMMC, GDPR, ISO27K, SSAE16, HIPPA, PCI, FISMA)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
- Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer (PCNSA or higher)
- Information security industry certification is recommended such as CISSP, CISM, or other related certification strongly preferred