About the company
Immedia’s vision is to improve the lives of our clients through the innovative use of technology. We design, build and support conferencing, learning, entertainment, and marketing technologies that enrich our clients lives and help them communicate in an ever-changing environment.
As a company, we appreciate a hard-working spirit and people who are curious, accountable, and collaborative. Let’s face it, we spend a significant amount of our time with our colleagues so your work life can have a profound effect on your general happiness. At Immedia, we enjoy spending our week with people we trust, respect and that share our passion. We have a fire in belly (FITB) because we have the emotional stamina and vigor to achieve greatness and to act! We are courageous and vulnerable.
Immedia has been helping businesses communicate better for over 17 years, and we proudly operate in Scottsdale, Arizona because of the natural beauty, culture, and people. We are seeking dynamic and dedicated members to join our Immedia team, apply today!
- Bachelor’s Degree or some college courses in accounting or business preferred
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy, including experience in word processing, Excel and accounting software
- More than 5 years of billing and receivables, with at least 2-3 years in a construction environment
- Knowledge of NetSuite, a plus
- A thorough knowledge of standard contract terms and how they are applied in the construction billing process
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills and accuracy
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion
- Strong service orientation
- Knowledge of the project structure in a General Contractor/Subcontractor business environment.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business communications and contracts. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure documents. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions given in written, oral or schedule form.
- Ability to work a minimum of 40 hours per week, 8am-5pm daily.
- Ability to sit for 3-4 hours at a time.
- Contracts/New Projects/Change Orders
- Set up new projects based on approved format in NetSuite
- File pre-liens on all projects
- Order and track lien waivers, insurance, preliminary notices and bonds (where applicable).
- Effectively communicate with PMs regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to billing.
- Assist Controller in Month End and WIP preparations (i.e.: job cost transfers, proposed/approved/executed change orders, unapproved AP invoices).\
- Maintain accurate document tracking, including contract terms
- Adjust contract in accounting system for change orders as needed.
- Accounts Receivable
- Develop Schedule of Values for all fixed prices projects, when required
- Prepare final invoice package containing draft and final invoices for all billable projects, including all applicable backup.
- Prepare time and material billings on as needed basis.
- Prepare AIA Billing
- Maintain the billing folders for all projects, with all the appropriate documents, including submitted monthly invoices, in accordance with standard procedures.
- Research and resolve billing discrepancies
- Assess and pursue opportunities for maximization of client billing
- Process credit card payments
- Cash Application
- Accounts Payable
- Review and enter AP invoices (correct GL coding and three match system)
- Review invoices with open PO report to ensure correct billing and report discrepancies to purchasing
- Statement reconciliation from all vendors
- AP queries
- Prepare AP Ledger for review of payments to be made for cashflow weekly
- Process payments to vendors with proper documentation
- Credit card reconciliations of company accounts
- Prepare 5000/5000A forms
- Reconcile bank account
- Enter payments
- JE’s for banking transactions
- Payroll: Compile hours from Netsuite and manipulate data in Excel for payroll entry
- Perform additional assignments, as directed by Controller, CFO, President or CEO
What's in it for you
- Salary: DOE
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k), with matching contributions
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
This Is To Whom You'll Report
Immedia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, sex, age, marital status, citizenship, disability, Veteran status or gender identity, and do not tolerate harassment of any kind. Immedia celebrates diversity and we are committed to providing an inclusive environment for all.