About the company
Immedia’s vision is to improve the lives of our clients through the innovative use of technology. We design, build and support conferencing, learning, entertainment, and marketing technologies that enrich our clients lives and help them communicate in an ever-changing environment.
As a company, we appreciate a hard-working spirit and people who are curious, accountable, and collaborative. Let’s face it, we spend a significant amount of our time with our colleagues so your work life can have a profound effect on your general happiness. At Immedia, we enjoy spending our week with people we trust, respect and that share our passion. We have a fire in belly (FITB) because we have the emotional stamina and vigor to achieve greatness and to act! We are courageous and vulnerable.
Immedia has been helping businesses communicate better for over 17 years, and we proudly operate in Scottsdale, Arizona because of the natural beauty, culture, and people. We are seeking dynamic and dedicated members to join our Immedia team, apply today!
- Maintain InfoComm CTS certification
- OSHA 10 Certification within 90 days of employment (Immedia Paid)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Lead AV Installation Technician
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions given in written, oral or schedule form.
- Ability to read and interpret AV system drawings, and written scopes of work.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in written form.
- Ability to work a minimum of 40 hours per week, with overtime required for specific projects.
- Physical Requirements:
- Sitting, standing, stooping and bending for long or extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools and to handle other office equipment.
- Ability to lift and transport moderately heavy equipment (up to 50 pounds).
- Ability to climb ladder, scaffolding or transported by lifts.
- Ability to drive/operate a vehicle.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities daily/weekly/monthly may occur for short periods of time in a seasonal temperature-fluctuating environment.
- All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- Maintain a positive attitude while on the job. Be the example for other technicians to follow. Represent Immedia positively to other trades and clients.
- Maintain and foster effective working relationships with the project managers and sales team through clear and effective communication, independent thinking and proactive problem solving. Be solution-oriented.
- Customer communications: refer all change order and money related discussions to PM; keep all conversations positive and have Immedia’s best interest in mind
- Review the SOW and system drawings prior to the start of the project
- Report any missing items to PM prior to install start
- Walk through job site with PM and verify facility requirements are complete prior to or first day of install
- Participate in the development of the Project Plan
- Every Day During Install
- Follow Immedia Installation Standards
- Lay out the work to be accomplished each day and assign tasks to other techs accordingly.
- Follow-work tasks and provide task reporting in NetSuite for how long each task took.
- Ensure that all work on the task order is accomplished in the allotted timeframe and communicate to Project Foreman if there are any deviations.
- Send equipment request for each day of the project to PM.
- Make requests for any specialized tools and equipment.
- Manage project hours, send technicians home if they are not required on site.
- Report daily work & issues through status reports
- Own the responsibility for following-up on reported issues with Project Foreman until they are resolved.
- Get Project Foreman approval for any change to the scope of work.
- Report facility issues directly to Project Foreman.
- Troubleshoot basic issues with manufacturer tech support – If tech support does not have an immediate fix, escalate to Project Foreman and stop working to resolve the problem.
- Ensure the job site is left clean and with all equipment and tools secure
- Ensure that nothing is thrown away that is not trash, including stands for displays and remotes
- Ensure that any rack that is built off-site is properly wired before being transported to the site
- Communicate with the Project Foreman about timing and other specific requirements
- Upon Project Completion
- Ensure that every element of the project strictly adheres to Immedia Installation Standards.
- Ensure to complete the scope of work as defined in your project folder has been completed.
- Ensure all materials are collected from the job site and returned to stock, with the appropriate documentation about why the particular pieces were not installed
- Ensure that all small parts, including remotes, are returned to the company in the red box
- Provide complete red-line drawings, including cable labels via PlanGrid.
- Test own work before stating that project is 100% complete.
- Complete status reports and time entries daily.
- Maintain truck stock
- Maintain maintenance and cleanliness of truck
- Train and mentor fellow installers on proper installation techniques and standards
- Maintain other certifications and attend manufacturer trainings
What's in it for you
- Salary: DOE
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k), with matching contributions
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
This Is To Whom You'll Report
Field Installation Manager
Immedia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, sex, age, marital status, citizenship, disability, Veteran status or gender identity, and do not tolerate harassment of any kind. Immedia celebrates diversity and we are committed to providing an inclusive environment for all.