About the company
Immedia’s vision is to improve the lives of our clients through the innovative use of technology. We design, build and support conferencing, learning, entertainment, and marketing technologies that enrich our clients lives and help them communicate in an ever-changing environment.
As a company, we appreciate a hard-working spirit and people who are curious, accountable, and collaborative. Let’s face it, we spend a significant amount of our time with our colleagues so your work life can have a profound effect on your general happiness. At Immedia, we enjoy spending our week with people we trust, respect and that share our passion. We have a fire in belly (FITB) because we have the emotional stamina and vigor to achieve greatness and to act! We are courageous and vulnerable.
Immedia has been helping businesses communicate better for over 17 years, and we proudly operate in Scottsdale, Arizona because of the natural beauty, culture, and people. We are seeking dynamic and dedicated members to join our Immedia team, apply today!
- Minimum 5 years as a Design Engineer.
- InfoComm CTS Certification Required
- InfoComm AV Design through Level 3 a plus. If not in possession of these certificates, must be willing to go through them within 90 days of employment.
- 4-year Degree in any field a plus.
- D-Tools experience a plus.
- Detail oriented.
- Be a team player. The sales process is highly dependent on well-functioning engineering and sales teams, and we must consider ourselves one team.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions given in written, oral or schedule form.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in written form.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, OneNote), comfortable with frequent internet searches and research.
- Comfortable talking to and meeting with manufacturer reps for pricing and product updates.
- Ability to work a minimum of 40 hours per week, 8am-5pm daily.
- Quickly embrace the Immedia values.
- Maintain a positive attitude at all times. Be representative of Immedia’s values to other trades, vendors and clients.
- Maintain and foster effective working relationships with the entire staff through clear and effective communication, independent thinking and pro-active problem solving. Be solution-oriented.
- Keep all conversations positive and have Immedia’s best interest in mind. If unable to satisfy unhappy employees, customers or vendors, refer to General Manager.
- Maintain focus on the tasks that are priority and ask for help when needed.
- Design a functioning Audio/Visual system per a project template from Sales Team.
- Design duties will include:
- Complex conference and training rooms.
- Complex audio designs including stadiums, auditoriums and soundmasking.
- Understand video and audio conferencing systems including but not limited to, LifeSize, Polycom, Tandberg, and Microsoft Lync (and other USB/PC based conferencing solutions).
- Conceptualize and sketch designs prior to handing off to Sales Team.
- Be flexible and creative when designing A/V systems to match customer needs and budget.
- Apply standards in place into all designs, and work with inventory team to keep costs low.
- Assist Sales Team with the overall sales process to ensure sales is successful.
- Assist Sales Team with pre-design job-site walks when required.
- Enter design related time into Salesforce.com.
- Other duties as necessary.
- Design duties will include:
What's in it for you
- Salary: DOE
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k), with matching contributions
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
This Is To Whom You'll Report
Director of Operations
Immedia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, sex, age, marital status, citizenship, disability, Veteran status or gender identity, and do not tolerate harassment of any kind. Immedia celebrates diversity and we are committed to providing an inclusive environment for all.