About the Job
Immedia’s vision is to improve the lives of our clients through the innovative use of technology. We design, build and support conferencing, learning, entertainment, and marketing technologies that enrich our clients' lives and help them communicate in an ever-changing environment.
As a company, we appreciate a hard-working spirit and people who are curious, collaborative, and take ownership. Let’s face it, we spend a significant amount of our time with our colleagues so your work life can have a profound effect on your general happiness. At Immedia, we enjoy spending our week with people we trust, respect, and that share our passion.
Immedia has been helping businesses communicate better for over 17 years, and to further innovate that technology we’re building security into that offering, including a state-of-the-art Security Operations Center (SOC) to provide real-time 24/7 monitoring.
We proudly operate in Scottsdale, Arizona because of the natural beauty, culture, and people and we are seeking dynamic and dedicated members to join our Immedia team.
This Is What You'll Do
- Serve as the individual responsible for the identification, development, implementation, and management of global security and related program operations.
- Responsible for assisting with development, implementation, and day-to-day management of technology systems, equipment related to the Security Operations Center (SOC).
- Includes leading investigation and remediation efforts of incidents and events for all clients.
- Directs the configuration, deployment, and maintenance of the security technology infrastructure including systems, firewalls, VPN, EndPoint Protection, IDS/IPS Vulnerability scanners, security audits in order to manage crises and incidents, maintain continuity of operations, and safeguard the Organization and its MSSP clients.
- Planning, implementing, managing, administering, monitoring, and updating security measures, tools, and solutions for optimal protection of internal and client data, systems, and networks including Public Cloud.
- Participate in day-to-day operations of the Security Operations Center team, which includes SOC staff, queue, and all tickets in the queue in accordance with ticket SLA’s, in identifying, developing, implementing, and maintaining security processes, practices, and policies to reduce risks, respond to incidents, and limit exposure and liability in areas of information, financial, physical, personal, and reputational risk.
- Research and deploys state-of-the-art technology solutions and innovative security management techniques to manage and refine our MSSP product offering
- Establishes appropriate standards and associated risk controls related to MSSP and Compliance business objectives.
- Act as pre-sales SME, point of escalation for customers on security-related issues, and as primary incident response lead during suspected or confirmed security incidents.
- Mentor, coach & train staff with hands-on technical support in conjunction with the Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Stay up to date on information technology & security news, trends and standards, and report accordingly. Provide strong leadership and own the effort to keep customers free from security incidents but respond appropriately when one occurs.
- Directs identifying, developing, implementing, and maintaining security processes, practices, and policies throughout the organization to reduce risks, respond to incidents, and limit exposure and liability including reputational risk.
- Maintain the security infrastructure & tools supporting Managed Security Services including process and documentation.
- Leads in responding to and remediating any and all suspected cyber security incident
- Participate in training and continuing education to enhance information security knowledge and skill set.
- This position is part of a team that operates on a 24x7x365 schedule, and the employee must be willing to work on the schedule needed by the business
- Other duties as identified or assigned.
This Is What You'll Need
- 5-7 years of experience in corporate security or a related field
- 3-5 years of direct experience in a significant leadership role working in a Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Advanced experience with SOC tools like EDR, XDR, SIEM, PA Cortex, PA Prisma or similar technologies.
- Experience working in multi-customer or larger Hybrid technology deployments including Public Cloud like AWS, Azure and Google.
- Previous federal law enforcement, military or national security role preferred.
- Must have excellent written & oral communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Regulatory knowledge (e.g., NIST, CMMC, GDPR, ISO27K, SSAE16, HIPPA, PCI, FISMA)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience.
- Information security industry certification is recommended such as CISSP, CISM, or other related certification strongly preferred